The Sponsoring Society Bijapur Liberal District Educational Association (BLDEA)
BLDE Association was established in 1910. It is committed to the cause of imparting quality education from primary to university in the backward region of North Karnataka. The Association is nurtured and shaped by great visionaries – Dr. P. G. Halakatti known as ‘Vachana Pitamah’ in Kannada Literature, Shri Shri Sanganabasaveshwar Maha Shivayogigalu of Banthanal, a great religious leader and Dr. B. M. Patil, a great statesman. Presently, the Association is guided by Dr. M. B. Patil, a young and dynamic leader.
BLDE Association sponsors and runs Primary Schools, High Schools, Pre-University colleges and degree colleges in the faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Management Education Science, Fine arts, Pharmacy, Nursing, Ayurveda, Nursery, Sericulture, Engineering and Polytechnics, Medical Sciences with post graduate courses and sponsors the BLDE University. All institutions, spread over villages, talukas and districts head quarter, are supported and managed by the BLDE Association.
More than 100 years of its meaningful existence, the Association resolves and reaffirms to serve the cause of education and hence region, state and the country in the decades to come with greater commitment and dedication.
BLDE University (Deemed to be University) came into existence on 29/2/2008 with the sole objective of providing quality medical education and meeting health care needs of the people in the backward region. It is a single faculty university.
Shri B. M. Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre is the only constituent college of the university established in 1986. It has unitary campus of 45 acres with 24 departments and a teaching hospital with 1125 beds.
The Institution Deemed to be University has been offering: UG Programme-MBBS (with an intake of 150 students) PG Programmes in 21 disciplines and Super Specialty Programme in Urology (M.Ch.), Ph.D. Programme in 14 disciplines and innovative courses like Fellowship, Diploma and Certificate Courses in medical and allied sciences.
Shri. B.M.Patil Medical College & Research Centre
Our medical college started functioning in sept 1986 & got permanent recognition from-1991 for 150 MBBS admissions.
There are Post Graduate courses in 21 Departments & Post doctoral course in Urology. Under Graduate Course is recognized by Sri Lankan Medical Council and enlisted in the WHO directory of Medical schools & IMED FAIMER.Alumni are spread across the globe Faculty is highly qualified, experienced, motivated and research oriented . Administration is student centric and pro-active
The Medical College and Hospital are situated adjacent to each other on a campus sprawling over 54 acres of land, in the heart of the city. The campus has beautiful landscaped gardens and black stone buildings of old world charm, which are well ventilated and illuminated. The college departments, the central library and residential areas are distributed in various blocks within the campus.
The hospital building is very spacious with adequate natural illumination and ventilation. It has eco-friendly effluent water treatment plant and incinerator for waste management. The entire campus is served by a generator for round the clock electricity supply during power failure.
The hospital has a fully functional Eye Bank, registered under Transplantation of Human Organ Act, 1994, by Government of Karnataka. The services are available for 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The Central Laboratory functions 24 hours a day. The Biochemistry Laboratory is annually assessed by the External Quality Control Programme of Christian Medical College, Vellore, which evaluates laboratories on all India basis and our laboratory is listed amongst first 30 laboratories in India for past 10 years. Drug store functioning 24 hours 365 days a year is available in the hospital.
Shri B M Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre is the teaching hospital for the BMPNC. Spread across an expansive area of 16 acres, the Hospital offers 1200 beds, with expansive & ergonomically designed wards: high-tech operation theatres; intensive cardiac care unit, emergency units and numerous other healthcare facilities.
Separate Hostels for UG Boys, UG Girls and PG Students are available. NRI Hostel for NRI students is available. Required amenities like Mess facility, Recreation rooms, Reading room, Indoor Sports, Gymnasium, visiting room and small café are made available to the inmates of all the hostels.
Gents Hostel :Capacity :408
Ladies Hostel : Capacity : 438
PG/Resident : Capacity : 96
Facility in Hostels:
- Reading room with AC facilities
- Visitors room
- Warden room
- Wi-Fi Facility
- Recreation Room
- Gymnasium at Girls Hostel with trainer.
- Television room.
- Mess, Cafeteria and Kitchen facilities.
- Dining Hall.
- Gymnasium for Boys, separate facility on the campus
Total Land available: 45 Acres Campus + 10 Acres Specialty Hospital Campus + 30 Acres Solar Plant.
Seminar Halls-Demonstration rooms:53
Auditorium:One (01) Air Conditioned, 750 seating capacity with modern acoustic facilities.
No. of Class Rooms, mentioning the facilities available.
There are a total of 33-demonstration room, 20 seminar rooms, 6 lecture theatres.
Lecture theaters are air-conditioned, well furnished with comfortable seating arrangement and with provision of audio-visual teaching aids such as projector, laptop, screens, black board and white board facilities.
Smart Digital Podiums, virtual classrooms.
SMART-TEACH software is available
ICT enabled practical skill demonstration through direct video telecast of operation theatre procedures to classrooms in the hospital.
Digital Integrated Campus on Optical Fiber backbone.
Wi-Fi, with 70 mbps leased line connectivity enables e-learning which enable web-based teaching learning programs.
Laboratories and equipment available.
There are 47 laboratories in the constituent college. All are well equipped to impart Under Graduate and Post Graduate learning and research
The Central Library Building, air conditioned, having seating capacity of 691 with 2,400 sq. mtrs. of floor area spread over 2 floors with separate reading rooms for UG, PG, Ph.D. and ramp / wheel chair / lift for physically disabled
The latest facilities added/upgraded are:
IIIrd Floor is added to the existing two-floor hospital building. This floor is constructed with modern hospital standards. The right wing is having a Paediatric ward with spacious well arranged 90 beds.
Followed by NICU 18 bedded with 12 warmers and 2 phototherapy, and PICU 12 Hi-Tech beds with central oxygen, suction apparatus, ventilators, monitors, with sufficient life-saving medicines, modern trolleys with all essential equipment are provided. 60beded OBG ward is with life-saving equipment and devices are arranged.
20 bedded urology ward with essential equipment, 20 bedded post-operative ward, recovery room 12 bedded, ICU complex with RICU, MICU, CCU and ICCU with 22 Hi-tech beds and provided modern latest equipment. OT Complex has 5 modular theatres with the latest sophisticated equipment including laminar flow and filters. 10 bedded preoperative wards, followed by well-furnished anaesthesia department.
Labour room is provided 2 delivery tables with all modern facilities. 8 bedded burns ICU with all facilities (ventilators, monitors, central oxygen and vacuum suction apparatus). 20 beds are catered for empanelment beneficiaries. M-Block with 8 deluxe rooms (AC, Monitor, Pulse Oximeter, central oxygen and vacuum suction apparatus and TV), J-block 8 rooms with 16 beds, K- Block with 30 beds (Monitor, Pulseoxymeter, central oxygen and vacuum suction apparatus).
Good Reception counter with experienced staff is established for multi speciality clinics, for visitor’s 20 perforated chairs, mineral water for drinking purpose is arranged. For consultants, 11 cubicles are constructed with well-furnished equipment for multi-specialty paying clinic.
The Hospital has been started supplying solar hot water to all categories of patients (Jain Water Heater System Sunglow CI1000). Also upgraded and installed the sophisticated automated machine in the department/section like Laundry and CSSD to provide the uninterrupted and quality of service to the patients, the hospital has upgraded central oxygen supply plant capacity 1K to 13K reservoir plant with centralised vacuum suction.
Hospital will be functioning for round the clock 24×7, only the OPD hours are 9 am to 1 pm and 1.30 pm to 5 pm but casualty will be functioning for 24×7 under the supervision of Chief Casualty Medical Officer and Casualty Medical Officer. Overall in-charge will be Medical Superintendent. The other supportive departments are rendering services to inpatients in regard to Radiological, Pathological and other Diagnostic procedures in quickest methods. The other services like CSSD, OT, Blood Bank, Pharmacy, Billing and needy services are available 24×7, for this the manpower will be posted in 3 shifts as per requirements. Under this hospital 6 deep freezer facilities available round the clock for the dead bodies. For medico legal purpose nearby police services are available within 1km to this hospital.
- Well-furnished Guest Houses with 3 Luxury and 6 Executive Suites. In addition, 5 more Luxury Suites are being added to 3rd Floor.
- SBI Bank Branch on the
- Post Office on the
- 2 ATMs of SBI on
- Canteen / Cafeteria at hostels and hospital with a good, hygienic and clean space.
- The campus has places of worship for tranquil
- Laundry, Beauty Parlour and Men’s saloon
- 24 hrs water
- RO Filtered Cooled drinking
- Security Guards (round the clock security at all hostels with CCTV surveillance).
- Open Play ground, for outdoor sports: 400 Mtrs track with 8 lanes, Cricket, Football etc.
- One Basketball Court with flood
- Two Volley ball courts with flood
- Throw ball court
- One Tennis courts
- Swimming Pool – International Standard
- Gymnasium in girls hostels with coaching facility and separate Gymnasium for boys.
- Indoor games facilities like Chess, Carom etc at Boys and Ladies Hostel.
- Indoor Sports Complex with two Badminton courts (Synthetic and wooden), Table tennis etc. facilities (Under Construction)
- Board of Management
- Academic Council
- Finance Committee
- Fee Fixation Committee
- Boards of Studies
- Planning & Monitoring Board
- Board of Examination
- Research Grants Committee
- Research & Recognition Committee
- Board of Post Graduate Teaching & Research
- Institutional Ethics Committee
- Ph.D. Committee
- Library Committee
- Committee for Prevention of Sexual Harassment (Internal Complaints)
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Women Empowerment Committee
- Board of Sports & Physical Culture
- NSS Advisory Committee
- Purchase Committee
- Selection Committees
- Students Council
- Eco vehicles
- Green audit
- Energy audit
- The University has commissioned 3 MW solar power project in association with Government of Karnataka
- Observe Vanamahotsav
- University has instituted various research awards like best scientist and best young scientist award.
- Free food for patients of General ward, is in place at Teaching
- Appointment of nearest relative of deceased staff members on compassionate
- University Cell for Women Empowerment
- Motivational programmes for Body Donation are conducted by the constituent units through various body donation campaigns.
- The campus has solar panels at multiple
- The University has established 3 MW solar power generation project in collaboration with State Government of Karnataka, which was commissioned on 12.2016.
- Have been making a conscious effort to establish the campus as a ‘zero waste’ zone, through a set of scientific and environment-friendly measures.
- Color coding is done for segregation of waste before
- Clean campus by adopting “Swachha Bharat Abhiyan”
- Emphasis on paper-less
- Instruction Boards to switch off electrical usages and computer terminals when not in use at most of the places in the campus.