Geriatrics or geriatric medicine is a specialty that focuses on the health care of elderly people. It aims to promote health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities in older adults. There is no set age at which patients may be under the care of a geriatrician, or geriatric physician, a physician who specializes in the care of elderly people. Rather, this decision is determined by the individual patient’s needs, and the availability of a specialist. It is important to note the difference between geriatrics, the care of aged people, and gerontology, which is the study of the aging process itself.
The Geriatric Clinic serves the senior citizen on every Wednesday between 09.00am to 05.00pm in OPD number 7A, ground floor, Shri B. M. Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Vijayapura 586103
- Distinguished services award was presented to four dignitaries who have been serving society & Senior Citizens.
- Continuing Medical Education by Department of Medicine and Geriatric Clinic.
- Creating awareness regarding elder abuse among senior citizens, medical and Nursing students and police personnel.
- District level Committee on Elder Abuse Prevention and Maintenance and Welfare of Senior Citizen Act,Vijayapura District.
- Activities In creating awareness on Elder Abuse.
The Geriatric Clinic has provided free healthcare services to the senior citizens of Arjunagi Village every fourth Sunday since October 2020. This is part of Rural health services.
geriatric clinic activities